Hassan provides tax planning and compliance, controllership, CFO, valuation, and consulting services to clients. Prior to joining Reckenen, Hassan has held roles of increasing responsibility including CFO of American Enterprise Institute, Senior Manager of Finance at General Electric, Manager of International Finance at Software Engineering Institute, and Senior Associate at PwC.
REPRESENTATIVE CONSULTING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Litigation Support: Re-created Financial Statements for three associations after discovery of fraud carried out by clients’ accountants Quantified fraud loss and presented findings to the board of directors of the associations. Worked with FBI to help them understand the magnitude and methods used to carry out the fraud.
- CFO Support: Implemented Sage Intacct accounting system for a USAID contractor with operations in 25 countries. Developed revenue and expense budgets and cash flow forecasts resulting in better alignment on fiscal objectives by the executive management.
- Budget Preparation: Prepared consolidated annual budget of $225MM for National Public Radio. Helped the CFO in presenting the budget to executive management, finance committee, and the board of directors.
- Controllership: Acted as controller for several organizations including non-profits, rental real estate company, and a 25MM government contractor.
- System Implementation: Documented business processes for a 25MM manufacturing company. Communicated business requirements to functional consultants in order to implement MS Dynamics – Navision. Provided demos and training to client personnel.
- Audit Readiness: Led a team of 4 consultants in performance of account reconciliations, consolidations and preparation of financial statements in order to prepare a 100MM (250 bed) hospital for external audit.
- Tax Planning and Compliance: Hassan is adept at tax planning and compliance for individuals, partnerships, s-corporations, c-corporations, estates and trusts.
- Carnegie Mellon University (MBA)
- University of Florida (BSBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)